Are you one in a Melon, too?
Careers with Melon Local are a pretty special gig. For that reason, we’re fairly picky about who we choose and vice versa. If you’re looking for a career that’s as fun as it is fulfilling, read on to find out why a job with Melon may be your next best move.
Melon Local is a great place to work for exactly four reasons:
- Melons are not our business, insurance marketing is. We know insurance marketing better than anyone, which makes us (and, potentially, you) a subject matter expert.
- We’re a laidback group with leaders who refuse to micromanage. We have our own jobs to do, and we trust that you’re here to do yours.
- We’ll go ahead and say it: we’re an “essential” business. At least, the local insurance agents we serve are… so, there is always a need for the services we provide.
- Lastly, we get results. Therefore, you’re almost always dealing with happy, satisfied clients. Not every company can make a claim like that.
Open positions with Melon Local
All positions listed below begin with three basic requirements: 1) You’re a hard worker. 2) You’re a forward-thinker with fresh ideas. 3) You are truly, not figuratively, a team player. All good? Proceed for specifics on our currently open positions.
Digital Account Coordinator
Salary Based on Experience
We’re looking for a talented, detail-oriented account coordinator to join our amazing account management team. This role will be responsible for maintaining external communication with a number of clients, solving problems within the account management team, and ensuring the agency is meeting our clients’ marketing needs.
- Responsible for managing the client relationship through effective communication, problem solving, and responding to requests
- Ensuring that project deadlines and budgets are met, communicating and seeking approval of any changes to these
- Identifying ways to grow client accounts through new business opportunities
- Keeping the team and the client up to date with useful knowledge
- Maintaining accurate records of meetings, decisions and next actions
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field preferred, but not required
- A minimum of one year experience in a similar role within a marketing agency setting
- Organized, with strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Adept at working within a team of different people
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Persuasive, able to sell work and ideas, and respond positively to feedback
- Flexible and able to solve problems
- Resilient and positive in difficult situations
- Able to juggle competing demands from clients and the agency
- Knowledge of digital marketing STRONGLY desired
- Knowledge of social media management a HUGE plus
- Extremely web and email savvy
- MS Office Suite proficient
- Ability to perform other duties as assigned
PPC / Paid Search Tech
Salary Based on Experience
We’re looking for a junior to mid-level SEM/PPC tech to facilitate pay-per-click marketing activities on Google, Bing, as well as other search and display marketing engines such as Facebook and LinkedIn. Our ideal candidate is proficient in digital search and will work with our lead PPC strategist and external clients to maximize ROI, drive traffic and conversions. Experience with lead generation PPC a huge plus!
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics and PPC initiatives and campaigns
- Perform ongoing paid keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Research and analyze competitor advertising links
- Interact with clients – occasionally contributing to calls from a PPC perspective
- Proven SEM experience and success managing PPC campaigns across Google, Bing, Facebook, LinkedIn and others
- Well-versed in performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in search engine marketing and social advertising
- Experience with website analytics tools e.g. Google Analytics, SEM Rush, Moz, Sreaming Frog, ahrefs
- Strong analytical skills and experience generating SEM reports
- Familiarity with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Have or willingness to get certified in Google Ads, Google Analytics and Facebook Ads
Senior Software Engineer
Salary Based on Experience
We’re looking for our forward-thinking, fast-paced counterpart in a senior software engineer. Our ideal candidate will analyze all programs we currently use, then help us create a logical digital structure and roadmap going forward. Possibilities for growth and expansion are virtually limitless.
- Develop an information system by designing, developing, and integrating external software systems.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Follow the software development lifecycle.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Create and maintain a repository of common and reusable code.
- Develop and maintain documentation for code.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Write code to connect, parse and store data from various third-party APIs.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Plan for capacity requirements in a growing environment.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Expertise with OOP programming using Java or C# or React, SQL, relational database design
- Application architecture and design patterns
- Ability to write REST APIs
- Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle, from conception, architecture definition, detailed design, scoping, planning, implementation, testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance is preferred
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
“I am so excited about the amazing team we’re building here at Melon Local. We truly have the best of the best in each position and I look forward to continuing that trend as we grow.”